WHO is iFLUX?
Smart groundwater management will determine the quality of life in our future. With this vision, iFLUX was founded in 2017 as an independent spin-off from VITO and the University of Antwerp.
iFLUX is a dynamic startup, active in environmental management. We help our customers solve complex groundwater issues, manage the integrity of their groundwater resources, and determine flow and direction in function of efficient groundwater management.
iFLUX developed a new and proven solution to determine the dynamics of groundwater flow and groundwater contamination. Based on the patented monitoring technology, combined with a specific data interpretation method, we are able to guarantee a more accurate and reliable image of underground water and contaminant fluxes.
Since the birth of iFLUX, we have carried out more than 80 projects in 12 different European countries. In the near future we want to strengthen our international focus and prepare for sustainable growth in our surrounding countries. Our office is located in the Science Park in Niel, where life-science entrepreneurs meet in an inspiring working environment.
WHAT can we offer you?
We are looking for an experienced groundwater modelling engineer. A real groundwater innovator who takes up the challenge to manage, analyze and visualize our technology and unique data into a smart groundwater sensor network.
You will contribute to the launch of the iFLUX groundwater sensor and actively collaborate to explore its potential in several application areas: such as the impact of groundwater scarcity in the short term (drought) and long term (climate change), determining the efficiency of reinfiltration projects on a small and larger scale, and/or monitoring the integrity of groundwater sources, both natural and aquifer storage & recovery (ASR) projects.
We are convinced that groundwater management and regulation can only become sustainable through digital innovation. Our iFLUX sensor will provide unique data and information in real-time, providing unique insights into complex groundwater issues.
WHAT TYPE of expertise do we expect from you?
- You’re an environmental expert with relevant experience in water and groundwater management, solving hydro-geological issues and/or impact analyses;
- You have a strong affinity for data management and GIS software, and experience with groundwater modelling. Preferably you have knowledge of different software packages;
- You maintain good relations within the groundwater sector and thus continuously build up your technical knowledge and contacts that can offer opportunities for cooperation or new developments. Being a member of IAH is a plus;
- You look forward to using our technology in complex and large groundwater projects;
- You think strategically about the needs and expectations of the customer and have an eye for differences between environments (culture, legislation, stakeholders, …)
Are YOU the perfect match?
- We are looking for an entrepreneurial and enthusiastic person who dares to step into our challenging startup story and who wants to storm the market as a Groundwater Innovator;
- You’re preferably a civil engineer or have a master’s degree in (hydro)geology, bio-engineering or equivalent, with at least 5 years of relevant experience;
- You have strong relational skills, and always think from the customer’s point of view;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English – another language is and additional asset;
- You work accurately and thoroughly. You take initiative and think along with the customers. Quality and reliability are not only a priority in your work, but also in how you deal with customers and colleagues;
- You are willing to bring the iFLUX story internationally (focus on EU) regularly, among other things by participating in conferences and events.
Discover our offer:
- International environment: We offer an exciting position (full time and for an indefinite period) to work together on making iFLUX big in Europe and the rest of the world.
- Responsibility: From the start you participate in our goal to integrate flux measurements as the standard in sustainable and efficient groundwater management.
- Flexibility: Feel free to once in a while skip the commute and hit your deadlines from home. Quality is the priority, both towards the customer as in your work life balance. But it’s important to coordinate with our planning.
- Inspiring Location: In between the other startups we’re located in a brand new building, with the newest technologies and lots of parking spaces available.
- Remuneration: We offer a competitive remuneration package, including hospitalization insurance, meal vouchers and a company car.
You can apply by mailing your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com. In case of a potential match, we will invite you for a personal interview.